Take a look at what procedures we offer here at Med Cell Regenerate!
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
Platelet-rich Plasma therapy uses injections of a concentration of a patient's own platelets to accelerate the healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. In this way, PRP injections use each individual patient's own healing system to improve musculoskeletal problems. PRP injections are prepared by taking anywhere from one to a few tubes of the patients own blood and running it through a centrifuge to concentrate the platelets. These activated platelets are then injected directly into the patients injured joint or soft tissue. This releases growth factors that stimulate and increase the number of reparative cells the body produces. Key advantages of PRP include the reduced need for strong anti-inflammatory medication or opioids. Treatment has been demonstrated to improve the function and reduce pain in people who have tendinitis or chronic conditions such as tennis elbow and golfers elbow.
Viscosupplementation (Hyaluronic Acid)
A nonsurgical treatment option for patients suffering the effects of arthritis. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found in and around the joints. In patients with arthritis hyaluronic acid is significantly depleted. Viscosupplementation therapy is the injection of a gel-like substance, comprised of hyaluronic acid, directly into the affected joint (typically knees however hips and shoulders can also be treated). Treatments result in lubrication and cushioning of joints which can reduce pain and swelling to improve mobility and quality of life. Injections are completed weekly, with series course ranging from 1-5 weeks depending on the specific supplement determined. Series can be repeated every 6 months.
Botox (For Headaches and Migraines)
Patients who have suffered from chronic headaches and migraines that have been refractory to medication may benefit from strategically placed Botox injections. Onabotulinum toxin A, or Botox, is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a treatment for chronic migraine headaches. Botox is a medication that uses a form of botulinum toxin to paralyze muscle activity temporarily. The mechanism of action is unclear however it is theorized that the Botox is taken up by pain receptors in muscle nerves which deactivates the receptor and thereby blocks pain signals to the brain. This treatment is temporary, typically lasting up to 3 months until the nerves are able to sprout new pain fibers. It can be injected into the muscles of the forehead, scalp, neck and shoulders. Providing Botox treatment for headaches every three months is a national standard, as recommended by the American Headache Society. The treatments are not given more often due to a small possibility that the body may build up antibodies to botulinum toxin which could prevent Botox from working in the future.
Trigger Point Injections
A trigger point is a hyperirritable area within any muscle group which can occur anywhere within the body from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet. Normal muscle contracts and relaxes when it is active. A trigger point is a knot or tight, ropy band of muscle that forms when muscle fails to relax. Trigger points cause inflammation, pain and at times negatively impact a patient's quality of life. Causes of trigger point pain include: muscle overload (repetitive strain, lack of muscle activity, or a direct muscle injury), trauma/injury or stress, muscle tension conditions, poor posture, inappropriate sleep positioning conditions to name a few. Trigger point injections (TPI) are used to treat painful/taught areas of muscle. Trigger point therapy can utilize a local anesthetic with or without dry needling and/or Botox injections as indicated that can provide immediate improvement in trigger point pain and potential pain improvement for up to 3 months.
Erectile Dysfunction Facts According to WebMD:
- ED can be a normal circumstance of getting older. It is more common in men over 50 and is something that can be successfully addressed.
- ED can be caused by high blood pressure, diabetes, some medications, nerve disorders, stress, smoking and other illnesses. The main cause is a reduction in blood flow.
- ED can be treated via a number of solutions: oral, hormonal, life style changes, psychological and physical.
- A combination therapy has shown to be the most efficacious and longest lasting.High-frequency sound waves are applied to stimulate the growth of new blood vessels and break down plaque build-up in existing vessels. Low blood flow is the root cause of ED, and increasing blood flow using shockwave therapy may produce amazing results. Anyone with mild to severe ED can likely benefit from shockwave therapy. This includes the nearly 50% of men that struggle with ED. It may be a good option for men who:
- Desire a treatment to reverse the underlying cause of ED
- Are looking for a better response to the oral medicines used to treat ED
- Want a non-invasive treatment for their ED before moving on to other options
- Treatments are virtually pain-free
- No sedation, medication, or surgery needed
- On average a Pulse Wave treatment lasts only 20 minutes
- No recovery time needed. Many patients notice improvements within hours or even minutes
- You can resume your normal everyday activities right away
- Improved sexual performance
- Little to no known side effects
- Boosts libido and overall excitement
- This is a same-day, non-surgical and non-invasive procedure
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm